Monday, March 13, 2017

Modest Monday!

well I wasn't sure that I would get this post up today as the internet refused to connect all morning :/

It seems that it was just as surprised and disgruntled with the snow on the ground as I was...HA!

But since I cannot remember the last day we had snow on the ground and I am pretty convinced this is only like the second or third time all winter...I will take it!

I teased with promises of the inside of the chapel and so yesterday afternoon we went over and grabbed some.


All the woodwork was hand-carved by a former student to pay for his tuition...now that was a LOT of work!!

 The chapel was built in 1902 with a couple of additions in 1909, 1914 and 1955.



Now what I didn't tell you was that I would photobomb every picture!! ;)))


The seating all faces the centre aisle and my husband parades up and down preaching his heart out to the cadets ;) This way he can keep a closer eye on them and put a stop to all foolishness...it sure does keep them on their toes! and it also discourages bathroom trips!! ;)


You can see the pipes for the organ on the left (which is really fun to play!) and what appears to be a jail on the right....it's not! ;) it is the Mother's chapel and the bars were not originally part of the plan. This is where you will find me playing the piano on Tuesdays and Thursdays.


 The picture below was taken from the loft...one of my favourite parts of this chapel is the beams in the ceiling! 💕

The big gold "thing" above the altar is usually opened up and is a picture of Jesus I believe...it is currently closed and it must be because of Easter?


 The doors of course are another of my favourite parts!



 The windows are another!! 😍 these stairs lead up to the loft and I believe the bell tower...though I have not ventured that far. The bells do go off every 15 minutes although they could use some more tender loving care!


 These swinging doors with windows in them are pretty sweet also!



 And just in case you missed the beautiful stain glass window in the loft...you're welcome!


Outfit
top~thrift (Moa Moa)
skirt~thrift (Gap)
heels~thrift 

Thanks for dropping by and taking a peek at St. James Chapel with me!

See you soon!

Heid

No comments:

Post a Comment