Friday, November 11, 2016

Happy Remembrance Day!



I will remember!

I will teach my children to remember!

Living and working in a military environment really helps to bring the realities of war closer to home and mind. TJ preached a stirring chapel message yesterday on the marks of a true hero based on the story of David and Goliath. David was faithful in daily tasks which made him ready and prepared for the job God had for him to do. David served others and did not expect to be the one served. David was willing to give his life for others...he was willing to go alone and did not stop to count the personal cost. David was young...he did not make excuses. He shared with us many stories of young war heroes and their amazing stories! Of course these all point us to the one true hero of our lives, Jesus Christ who paid the ultimate sacrifice not for one nation or in one battle but for the whole world! Let's remember!


The weather has been gorgeous...the colours have been incredible! I stand in awe at the amazing God we serve!

I have been having fun with this plaid scarf! 


I have been rethinking my current wardrobe and have been enjoying monthly challenges which help me with new combinations of the same clothes ;) There are many outfits that I have never tried before :)



This day is sorta special to us personally because on this day 18 years ago this man asked me to be his wife :)



Wishing you all a great day as we remember together and give thanks for the freedoms we enjoy today because of the sacrifice of others!

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment