Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Tale of Two Kings

This was a message that really spoke to my heart and I wanted to quickly share it here with you!

This tale is taken from II Kings 14:1-3 where we are introduced to King Amaziah and then from  II Kings 18:1-3 where we are also introduced to a king...this time King Hezekiah.

Very quickly let's take a look at their lives.

#1. They were both princes.

#2. They were both 25 years of age when they began to reign.

#3. They both reigned for a total of 29 years.

#4. Their mothers were both mentioned so we assume that their mothers were very important to them both.

From these 4 things I conclude that they had very similar childhoods and upbringings and experiences. They could have been twins! :)

Now the important part....the difference.

King Amaziah's life was summed up in this way: "and he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, yet not like David his father." This king was obviously a believer, a follower of God....yet he was not sold out for God. He did that which was right but not all that he could have done.

King Hezekiah's life was summed up this way: "and he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his father David did......He trusted in the LORD God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him. For he clave to the LORD, and departed not from following him, but kept his commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses. " WOW! what a testimony to have! what a wonderful way to have your life recorded! what a eulogy!

King Hezekiah was sold out for God....TOTALLY sold! not withholding anything.....

Furthermore we read: "and the LORD was with him; and he prospered whithersoever he went forth"...

OH my! what a great and wonderful thing to have...the presence of the Lord and His wonderful blessing on your life! I want that.....with every fiber of my being! I want to be sold out for the Lord...I desire for others to be drawn to Christ because of His presence in my life!

What would be written about my life?

The best part is that I have the ability to change my story....it's never too late to serve the Lord. His mercies are new every morning!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I read over these two accounts and what a comparison!

    ReplyDelete