Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Obeying My Husband in Matters of Modesty??


This is not  the easiest post to write but I feel that in this day and age there is much confusion and from discussions I have had, I believe there are several issues that have been overlooked, forgotten, or just plain not known.

First thing is that I firmly believe that a wife is to be submissive to her own husband as found in God's word. I am in no way inciting a rebellion against our husbands :) nor advocating a life that is led independent of our spouse and his thoughts and feelings.

But there are a couple of things that cause me concern especially when we talk about modesty and what we should or shouldn't wear.

When considering matters of dress or undress as the case may be let us realize that our first duty is to God. In all matters we are to obey God first and foremost...and this would also include matters of dress. God considers this a very important thing....in fact He was the first to actually make clothing :) to cover the nakedness of Adam and Eve. I do wonder what those looked like? :)

Let us make sure that we have God's leading in this area....not just a desire to fit in with others or a borrowing of an other's conviction. These must be personal convictions from God based on Scripture....follow the Lord's leading for your life not the Lord's leading for another :)

Funny Quotes:

Let us also consider that we have responsibility for our soul. Our husband certainly has responsibility for all his household but that does not negate the fact that we have to stand before God and give account for our own one day. We do have a responsibility for others who may or may not be affected by how we dress or undress. :) The Lord does not hold us blameless on this front....our actions do affect others.

Let us also consider children....as a mother, your children are watching you and that includes the way you dress and conduct yourself.

What are you advertising?:

Finally, our husbands. Our husbands are sinners...they are fallible human beings. In saying this I am not trying to raise myself up as better or encourage a mass revolt against them. I am simply saying they are not gods and are capable just like we are of making mistakes, of sinning and/or  making wrong decisions.  If my husband desired us to attend a strip bar (yes this may be extreme but stay with me!) I would not go....if he desired me to participate in gambling or drinking, I would not do so. Just as firmly as I believe these are sins so do I believe that dressing immodestly is.

We must prayerfully consider these important decisions....we must have open and honest conversations with our husbands. I am aware that we are all in different places and times in our lives. We all have different circumstances and it may not be easy or simple for us.

We cannot use our husbands' wrong desires or lusts as excuses to dress or act inappropriately. Your home and indeed your bedroom is the place to keep all immodesty :)

With the ornaments of a meek and quiet spirit, we must follow God's leading for our lives. Let us pray with and for our husbands. Let us work together in our choices and decisions that must be made.

Do you really believe that what you say you believe is really real? {Modesty} || Evelyn {Boutique} Blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment