Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just because.....

so the other day I was asked a random question....

What is your pet peeve??

I was baffled......I know I have more pet peeves than I can keep track of, basically cause I am a very opinionated person though I probably would rarely give you it :/ due to my more dominant trait of shyness...but I have loads of opinions on most everything and my unlucky husband is the one who gets to hear them all!!! I am sure he wishes I was not such an introvert and would find/make a girlfriend one of these days ;)

I loove observing people more so than actually interacting with them......in fact that particular aspect is actually very terrifying to me. Take today for instance...

I have to get my passport renewed in order to head out in a few weeks for a wedding....time is running out and I knew I had to get in to the office sooner rather than later. My husband had promised to take me in downtown but work happened and he was unable to.

Just a second...

Before you read any further, if indeed you got this far....please keep in mind that I am an introvert. I do not make friends easy, conversations terrify me, strangers intimidate me and even being around those I know will give me a monstrous headache just trying to keep up with everything going on and think of something to say past "hi". Yes I know...I'm weird! Believe me I wish I wasn't.

So here I was on my  own facing the prospect of driving downtown in our very large busy city...finding the right building...finding a place to park...herding my 6 girls into the right spot...and looking forward to a 3-4 hour wait.

I melted down....yup!

In my own element I am strong...in my comfort zone I am strong...I am getting better and better...I can't remember the last time this happened. Embarassing??!! of courses!!!! I am 33 years old and mother to 6......of course nobody but my husband sees my meltdowns or hears my hurts and frustrations...poor guy! but still.....

Anyway...I poured my heart out to the Lord by my bed.....gathered my papers and documents...got the kiddos around and was about ready to head out into the unknown...

when, TJ called....his jobs were postponed, he was taking me in!!!

The Lord heard and cared for me!! :) I was touched and humbled...


On the way home I was contemplating my pet peeves....and decided to start listing them for interests sake lol

I can't yet determine which is my biggest one, since I don't really know them all so for now I will list them as they pop into my mind....

#1. grumpy secretaries....you ever see those signs at the receptionist's desk about how the patients or customers are asked/told to respect the lady sitting behind the desk??? well sometimes I feel like making my own sign and propping it up beside theirs informing them that I am just as much a person as they are and deserve the same respect and courtesy.....I am not ever going to take out my problems on the secretary, yes I know some people do but I am not one of those...I try really really hard to smile and be friendly,laugh and be as helpful as I possibly can...but when I  meet up with "let's get the job done and move on, no smiles, no friendly hello, grunting for answers" and I could go on and on.....then I wish I could whip  out my sign! Remember, most of the time I am a paying customer!! When I call a doctor's office or something similar, if the lady who answers is not friendly I will take my business somewhere else...I do it all the time!

#2. people with no children who try to parent other people's children...especially when I'm right there!

#3. scrunched up dirty stinky socks in the laundry pile.....disgusting!

I had 5 right off the top of my mind..but alas I'll have to keep thinking....lol







No comments:

Post a Comment