Wednesday, January 13, 2016

You Can Have a Song in Your heart in the Night

Are you ever lonely?

I am.

Happens to the best, happens to the smallest, happens to everyone in between.

We are all human....and just because we are Christians does not mean we are some kind of superhumans :) We deal with the very same things that everybody else has to deal with.

It is easy to be discouraged by the words of others.

For instance, taking a stand on the King James Version will label you old-fashioned.

Taking a stand on modesty will label you legalistic.

Choosing to homeschool will label you overbearing and overprotective.

The list goes on....

Sometimes it seems that no matter what you do, no matter what you say, it is never the right thing.

The more you stand, the smaller you are.

Till sometimes it seems no one sees you at all.

I get it.

But here's what I also got.

Jesus.

Let me encourage you today to take your loneliness to him. Sometimes I expect everybody around me to fill my every need and I forget that nobody can because we were each and everyone of us created for His pleasure and only He can complete us.

This morning I awoke with a song in my heart that I just cannot stop singing.

 "His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay."

Even when all around seem to be giving way....take heart!

Keep strong, hold onto that faith.

Prov. 13:6a ~ Righteousness keepeth him that is upright in the way...... 

Just keep doing right!

Kicking loneliness today,

Heidi

Did you know that being alone is not a sin? You will go through seasons of loneliness. Everyone does. When you start isolating yourself then it becomes an issue:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. Such a good encouragement today. God bless you.
    Davinia Elwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the visit and I'm so glad you were encouraged!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete