Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Abounding

There are so many many thoughts rattling around here these days....I want to try to share more than just fashion on this little page of mine.

A couple of days ago I shared a new year post and some challenges that I have and today I would like to share my word for the year.

Abound.

I love this word....isn't this a great word?

I have found myself lost in past years of regret from time to time...why didn't I do this? or why did I do that? as the case may be....there are many regrets that I could dwell on if I choose to but what would be the point? I can't change the past any more that I can predict the future! It's pointless and a complete waste of time.

On the other hand I have found myself completely caught up in plans for the future.....like when this happens then I will be able to do this or that. Or the classic....when the kids are grown I can finally do something. Let's insert "for myself" after those last words....how selfish!

Don't get me wrong....there is nothing wrong with doing things now OR in the future "when the kids are grown"...nothing wrong at all with having personal time and growing in knowledge and experience or having interests or desires outside the home. I do! :)

But my point right here and now is that I don't want to miss out on the present. The past I cannot change, the future I cannot predict, the present is the time to be!

I don't want to merely exist from day to day which is certainly easy to do....I want to abound! in every moment, in every mundane chore as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning!

2 Cor. 9:8 ~ And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work."

 Making it count with Avery for the rest of summer... back to school is coming too soon ... Gonna miss my lil girl:

No comments:

Post a Comment