Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Study to be Quiet




"Your opinion is your opinion, your perception is your perception. Do not confuse them with 'facts' or 'truth'. - John Moore

 Assumptions are the worst. 

I earnestly beg you to remember the truth of Matthew 7:2.

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." -KJV

There are right and good judgments that have to be made and then there are just plain assumptions and opinions.

Remember that some things are just plain NOT YOUR BUSINESS as fun as they may be to talk about and discuss...this is wrong.

Remember that if it is not about you or you are not in any way involved you DO NOT HAVE THE FACTS and therefore can only assume you know what you are talking about...this is wrong.

Remember that if you are involved and have judged someone without listening to them and without really being open to hearing their side of things and trying to understand...this is wrong.

There is much more that could be said on this subject but I am not a preacher :) suffice it to say, don't spread your assumptions around as facts. If you are involved in a situation, talk it over with the other party. If you can't, just be quiet.

"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;" 1 Thess. 4:11

It's no wonder the Bible indicates that being quiet takes study....we are not naturally this way neither does it come easy!!!

 and now a little pointed humour!!! ;)

I love this so much, too many uninformed opinionated people out there.:


1 comment:

  1. Thank you. It's so freeing to realize it isn't my responsibility to find everyone's faults and make sure they fix them. I have enough of my own I can't seem to fix. I was caught in the mindset for years if I saw something I didn't think was right it was my responsibility to change it or at least point it out to everyone or I was part at fault. No matter if it nothing to do with me at all. Praying for your school year.

    ReplyDelete