Thursday, April 30, 2015

on Words



I feel compelled to share parts of my journey and things that are near and dear to my heart. I originally started this blog as a way to share our major life change of moving across the country with those family and friends who cared to read. It's been a blast! :) It has since taken a different path about 2 years ago when the Lord challenged and encouraged me to be honest and real here and share bits and pieces of my heart that maybe in any small way I could encourage another who might happen by.

It is not easy to put yourself into words and throw them out there to be read and judged by any who happen upon you. Words are easy to misinterpret and assumptions are even easier to come by. But it's the risk you take when you have a blog and I signed up for that. :)

I love words and I love writing. You just can't beat beautiful word pictures....by throwing just 26 letters together in different formations you can create a beautiful picture. There is nothing like it! It's painting by words!  Words are thought provoking, words are challenging. Words can be uplifting, words can be encouraging, words are real. But words can be used to tear down, to destroy, to hurt and words can just simply be a waste of space.

Matthew 12:36 is a solemn warning "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

My posts can also be idle words and it is a heavy reminder to be very careful what is written.

One of my favourite word pictures is the following excerpt:

Boys flying kites haul in their white winged birds; You can't do that way when you're flying words. Careful with fire, is good advice we know Careful with words, is ten times doubly so. Thoughts unexpressed may sometimes fall back dead; But God Himself can't kill them when they're said.
Will Carleton


My previous post on Mothering was something the Lord had encouraged me with. Mothering is not the easiest job in the world and we all have those days when it is just not all together...at least I have those days :) I am a perfectionist and everything needs to be organized and all the i's dotted and t's crossed or I tend to feel the pressure mounting but having kids tends to knock some of that out of you! 

The description of my life in my previous blog was not intended as actual current facts though at one time or another all have been a possibility ;)....my kids get bathed 2-3 times a week (if that's not enough for you-sorry!) my gorgeous puppies love to come in and make my floors a mess but I wouldn't trade them for anything!!!! thanks to having young children who regularly do chores which include meal prep and cleanup, dishes are broken on pretty much a daily basis(currently we are always out of glasses and bowls!)...and that's fine because the big picture is that we are learning life skills :) my laundry is always behind and though not always challenging Mount Everest anybody with a large family will agree it is an ongoing task! (can i get an "amen" on that one?!) library runs are a must for any homeschooling family but currently none of mine are overdue! :) as for milk in my fridge(apparently this one was a big one!)...I have 3 gallons and though there have been many times when I haven't,  it has been due to lack of planning on my part not a lack of funds because of frivolous flitting about the country on trips :) I am currently behind on my paperwork and correcting but that's nothing new under my sun! the girls have sweaty heads...what can I say?! ;)  ( I can't stand the smell of stinky heads-pet peeve!) I still haven't washed my sheets....maybe next week?! ;)  (though I did get my clothesline set up!!!)  lunch is generally late but that's the beauty of home school! and so far nobody here has starved or is near starvation ;)

What more can I say? I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I was merely painting a picture of everyday issues in the life of a not-so-glamorous mother :) The world needs mothers....good godly Christian mothers(and those of us who are striving to be so) and that was my context. 

But let us be careful with our words whether they be written or spoken. Let us strive to love and uphold one another not tear down. 

God Bless!

HeidiJ

No comments:

Post a Comment