Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Glimpse into Our Week


I don't know about you but I'm a list writer...not on actual paper most of the time but in my mind. I have many running lists going through my mind at any given time. Sounds exhausting but it's really not. I do not like disorganization...it stresses me out. We do have those kinds of days when it is all I can do just to get through everything but those days make me feel awful and behind. No LIKEY!

But life happens...like when I need to make hot dog relish and mustard pickles. The littles end up having to go through school on their own, talking and chatting, asking me a million questions, and for some odd reason forgetting to do some of their work...all because I am not in my usual spot but downstairs making pickles ;)


This picture thrills my soul. I feel like a good pioneer woman providing for her family and I love that...what I don't love is the will nilly feeling of just making it through school that day and that huge pile of correcting that is waiting for me on my desk upstairs because I wasn't at my desk keeping up with everything as it came along. But you know...IT'S OK!

Mondays seem to be the busiest day of our week...I usually am making bread, doing laundry, and school. In the afternoon I am teaching 3 piano lessons, correcting, overseeing homework, doing a day check with each grade to make sure we haven't forgotten anything (this is especially important for our accredited grade) doing the homework check list, helping the littles to study,and supper planning and preparing. In between all this I also do any and all computer work, invoicing, and keeping uptodate with all the spreadsheets for the company. Then we also have voice practice, piano practice and PE to get done before bed.

We generally start school 8-8:30 every morning. This has us mostly done by dinner or shortly after depending on what else we had going on during school hours (whether we were making relish, bread or other things like that). The kids have a couple of hours to relax and play, and do their chores before the homework alarm goes off at 4.

This year Marge and Mel have graduated to supper making and Carole and Kris have taken over lunch. This means that once a week the olders have to plan, prepare, cook and serve supper all by themselves. Marge does Tuesday night and Mel does Thursday night. Kris and Carole help to prepare and serve lunches with the olders pitching in depending on who is busy and who is not. This is what we call Home Ec. :)

Thursday is 3 more piano lessons and voice lessons in the evening.

Friday is the day the olders have to go to work in the afternoon and for now Saturday is a lighter day of school and house cleanup!

Sundays are full with a service at a retirement home at 3 in the afternoon along with our regular church services.

Some days are overwhelming...some days are quiet...some days are pajama days...some days we are going crazy...some days we are soo tired we can't stop laughing...some days we make it and some days we don't...some days we brush our hair...some days we don't but every day we are growing together and making memories.

Today was a special day. Today was one of those days I was overwhelmed and wondering how to make it through another year of school. The Lord stepped in with a loving reminder that I need only to worry about one day at a time and gave me this verse to remind me why I am doing this. I hope it is a blessing to you also.

"And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise." Heb.6:15




2 comments:

  1. Phew! Reading your post made me tired! :) I hear you on the organizing part! With Primary for Michael in the mornings, 15 piano/voice students, teaching kids choir at church, Sunday services, youth group, not to mention having an almost 2 yr old and a house to keep in order, I HAVE to be organized in order to accomplish everything that I need to each week, in an orderly fashion! (I am like you, disorganization is stressful to me!)
    I will be praying for you and your kids during the school year :) I'm sure it will be a great and rewarding one, no matter how busy it gets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn! I would appreciate prayers...some days I just feel soo overwhelmed with everything. I will remember you also...you are very busy! I love your new schoolroom :) Isn't it fun and rewarding to do projects? I can't wait to have a house of our own to redo ;)

    ReplyDelete