Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The next best thing since....

seriously...slice bread?? I can think of a few inventions that kick slice bread right into the green bin.

Like toilets.

Yes...I just went there...indoor plumbing on my blog.

I can tell you right now that I would not make a good old fashioned pioneer lady...thank goodness the Lord saw fit to plop me at the end of the twentieth century. I would not "do" outhouses very well AT ALL!

Yuck! but you know there is something appealing about a cute wooden building with a half moon carved into the door...(doesn't make sense to me either) but I would own the cutest outhouse ever!









back to the point...which is not even toilets or outdoor plumbing for that matter :)

It's cleaning.

Since I knew I was homeschooling this year, I had some planning and changes to make.

Schedules.

I have a cleaning schedule that I follow everyday...it helps to keep me focused on a task until I get it done. I know I can't be the only one who walks into a room intending to wash the mirror but ends up folding clothes, looking at a magazine, talk to a child, run a load of laundry, make the bed and walk back out and forget the mirror :p

Soooooo..my schedule keeps me on task. Today I wash the bathrooms...tomorrow I worry about the vacuuming and dusting so stay on task, Heidi. I've been at it for a month now and let me tell you..IT WORKS!

With 8 people in our house I am always picking people's brains for organizing and general- make- my- life- easier solutions...blame me for the abundance of stupidity in the world today ;)

I also loove pinterest and I'm here to share my latest exciting discovery I tried a pin and it worked!

Dawn dish detergent and white vinegar....fill a scrub brush with it and keep it in the shower. This mixture wipes away soap scum just like that. I wipe down the tub after baths and my tubs are always clean and shiny. Clean and shiny makes me....


Any other little tips and tricks to share with me?

2 comments:

  1. Hi aunt Heidi, this is Becca Lewis... Used to be McFarland.... I thought your comments about the outhouse were hilarious! You should see the outhouses in Papua New Guinea! You would have nightmares for a week! ;) anyways! I love all your refinishing projects! They are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi aunt Heidi, this is Becca Lewis... Used to be McFarland.... I thought your comments about the outhouse were hilarious! You should see the outhouses in Papua New Guinea! You would have nightmares for a week! ;) anyways! I love all your refinishing projects! They are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete