Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I  have one word the Lord has opened up and given to me...one which I grope to find with sleep-filled eyes and cling to with all my might as I rise to face another day. One word cause at best that's the most I can remember through all those busy moments...one word to whisper in the heat of the moment...one word to breathe as I once again sweep the floor,clean the messes, discipline my not perfect children and sometimes i WANT TO SHOUT IT! sometimes I cry it....sometimes I go to my room and just breathe it behind the door as my children knock and say "momma" for the umpteenth time (will I ever be able to go to the bathroom alone...what is the connection between children and my closed doors???)

that one simple word has only five letters... one syllable, yet provides for my every need every day and gives me strength and hope and reminds me that all is not lost.

that word is grace..." My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness..." I can't do this thing called mothering except God does it. God chose the weak and foolish things of this world to confound the wise....that's certainly me...in my weakness He is strong...and through my trials everyday God can be glorified through my life.

Grace reminds me that I am a sinner, saved by grace...I am a terrible sinner undeserving of God's love and mercy and grace....there's my word again! I kinda love that word :) unmerited favour...when my kids are being "real" I whisper "grace"...God extended it towards me and I need to show that same love to my children. How many times have I walked out one door frustrated, discouraged, angry and walked through another with my smile face on? I guess what I'm trying to say is that we all want those perfect children but are we perfect? I'm certainly not or you would be reading somewhere something like this..."and Heidi walked with God and was not..." lol I'm still here folks!! maybe we as adults have learned how to be hypocrites a little too well...I'd rather see my kids being real and use all those moments as  teaching opportunities than to teach them to be fake.

Hebrews 4:16...I love this verse...God's mercies are new every morning which is a promise I absolutely looove cause I know I use every little bit of my allotted amount of mercy every day soo I need a new supply every morning ;) joking of course cause we all know God is not limited, right? :) don't limit the power of God in your life or the lives of your children...it's only a prayer away.

and yes all these things are easy to say but really Heidi...get real!( I hear ya...) stinky diapers still need to be changed, possibly it would have been nice if a diaper was even in the equation cause now I cleaning carpets and bathing kids ( I've been there, done that!) milk and cheerios are all over the kitchen table, floors, counters....dirty dishes piled everywhere...broom apparently went on vacation without notifying me first...2 children who oughta know better are voicing their opinions in no uncertain terms...the upstairs toilet just plugged and flowed over...TJ called and wont be home AGAIN! the pantry is down to potatoes AGAIN and I must come up with another way to cook them :) this is just my humour people....but you know God is there just waiting for you to need Him and it really is as simple as that...you have been given superpowers that no other women is this world can lay claim to unless they have claimed God...

my superpower is grace...

(an email I shared with some other mothers as we sought to encourage one another...)

No comments:

Post a Comment