Friday, June 24, 2011

Move aside Self!

Well I have discovered which stage of life I am in and I am happy to report I am in the middle of a trial.....hahha. I say this smiling because you know " For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth" therefore I must conclude the Lord loves me.

It is easy in times like these to feel sorry for yourself, to be discouraged and tend toward living for yourself which of course is Satan climbing on board and filling your mind and heart with selfishness and pity. Anyway my point......

I enjoy having morning devotions with the girls everyday.....this is a time I have to put myself aside and give everything to them and in times like now this is the best thing I can do. In doing so the Lord reveals Himself to me as I seek to teach them from His Word....kinda a win win situation wouldn't you say so?!

So this morning in John 16 we came across this verse "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now"........GOODNESS!!! what a verse..just what I needed to hear today!! Such encouragement! Yes indeed the Lord is trying to teach me some things right now and it sorta gets to be discouraging after a while and yes I get sad and tired and full of self-pity.....but wait.....He knows how much I can bear! That made me smile :)

I forget God knows me...my strengths ( if indeed I have any!) my weaknesses and He loves me and knows what I can handle, when and where. I can handle this..I can get victory...God said so!

As I headed down the stairs this song was playing:

"Merciful God, O abounding in love,
Faithful to keep us from falling;
Guiding our ways with your Fatherly heart,
Growing our faith with each testing.
God speed the day struggles will end;
Faultless we'll gaze on Your glory.
Then we will stand overwhelmed by the mercy of God."


If you don't have the CD "So High The Price"......GET IT!! So far it is my most favourite and the songs, each and every one, are beautiful and meet a need every time I play it.

Thanks for reading and sticking with me.... :D and don't forget to get the CD! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment