Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I would love to share a little bit of what the Lord has been teaching me recently. Although I don't have the time to go on and on and on and share with you everything that has thrilled my soul this past week or so since beginning this study on prayer, I do want to share just a tidbit of this and that :)

First of all I would like to show you just some of the MANY verses in the Bible that God has shown me and which I am claiming.`

Ps.65:2 " O Thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come." Here God showed me that He is a prayer hearing God....that's His business!!!

James 4:2..."Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not." Asking is God's way for me to get things....not by working or planning or fighting or warring, struggling or scheming. I am not to depend upon myself, not on human wisdom or human toil but on God!

Matt. 7:7 7:8...John16:24...James 4:2...Matt. 7:11...21:22..Luke 11:13..John 14:14 are all verses I have been claiming in my personal life. Prayer is asking....prayer is asking for something and expecting God to answer. Window-shopping prayers are prayers I say but don't expect God to answer...like window shopping is not really going after anything and not bringing anything home...kinda pointless don't ya think??

Build FAITH....faith is doing something..acting on God's promises..trusting Him. Don't wait until you have "enough faith"....try God now!! ask Him and let your faith grow!!!

Like I said..just a tidbit of what I am studying and learning. There's a lot more like hindrances to prayer...praying in God's will...praying it through...praying for others... fasting and prayer and on and on. IT'S SO EXCITING!! We have such a power in prayer and we don't even realize it most of the time.

Prayerlessness is a sin..1 Sam.12:23 tells me that. Unbelief in God is a sin......I have sinned, I am a sinner. I "knew" this with my mind...but it was not until now that I realized it with my heart and I thank God for His tender mercies.

Prayer is exciting....the possibilities are endless!!!

So far God hasn't called me to the foreign mission field nor has He made a way for me to go out and earn money to help pay the bills and provide for our family BUT I have the gift of prayer and using that I can "pray" souls saved here or there or anywhere....using my power of prayer I can "pray" food on the table and "pray" in money to pay the bills. His answers may be by providing work for the business or it may be through a totally unexpected source but either way or by any other way it will still be an answer to MY prayer! I don't know about you but I have a great desire to learn how to pray and obtain that power in my life...and so with the disciples I say "Lord, teach us to pray.."

No comments:

Post a Comment